Nature Tanzania is a national conservation Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with interests in biodiversity conservation, community development and engagement. The mission of the organisation is to conserve and restore key biodiversity habitats that are identified as Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas (IBAs) in Tanzania for the benefit of the present and future generations.
Nature Tanzania, with funding from the Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU), wishes to recruit a competent individual for the position of Fundraising and Marketing Officer to lead the development and implementation of organisational fundraising and marketing strategy including increasing and diversifying donor income and raising Nature Tanzania’s profile at national and international levels.
2. Job Title:
Fundraising and Marketing Officer – Nature Tanzania
3. Reporting to:
Executive Director – Nature Tanzania
4. Location and place of work:
The normal place of work (duty station) for this position will be Arusha, Tanzania. There will be frequent national travels and occasional international travel.
5. Roles and responsibilities:
5.1 Main responsibility:
5.2 Development fundraising strategy
- Work with the teams to identify, establish and maintain donor relationships, across major donors, trusts and foundations, corporate, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and institutional donors;
- Write and coordinate the submission of funding applications to Institutional Donors, Trusts and Foundations (in collaboration with programme staff);
- Develop and implement innovative fundraising initiatives to secure new income to meet set short term and long term targets;
- Plan and host successful fundraising and marketing events marketing e.g. use of golf course tournaments;
- Oversee the alignment of annual operational plans, objectives and fundraising targets.
- Attend and represent the organisation at relevant networking events and opportunities;
- Lead on the account management of Institutional Donors, Trusts and Foundation partnerships ensuring regular contact, updates and reports are provided;
- Work closely with BirdLife International and its partners in the implementation of BirdLife’s strategy in Tanzania.
5.5 Other responsibilities:
Respond to other roles as they will be assigned by the Line Manager.
6. Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, including natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, business; marketing, community development, environmental policy and management or related fields;
- A Master of Science degree or equivalent qualification on the above will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in successful fundraising with major donors, trusts and foundations, corporate, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and institutional donors;
- A proven track record in writing successful and high-quality fundraising proposals and budgets that secure funding from Institutional Donors, trusts and foundations;
- Strong experience in securing and managing both restricted and unrestricted grants;
- Practical experience in biodiversity conservation projects in Tanzania with good networks and relationships with government and private sector stakeholders;
- A good understanding of international development programmes;
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both written and verbal;
- Highly creative and excellent written communication skills as well as a process-driven, ability to think in scales, and rely on data to make suggestions and decisions;
- Good diplomatic skills & cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Willing and able to work out of hours to support fundraising events as and when required;
- This position is preferably for Tanzanians and the shortlisted candidates will be subject to our safeguarding policies;
- Members of Nature Tanzania who meet qualifications are encouraged to apply.
7. Salary and benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with Nature Tanzania’s terms and conditions.
- Length/duration of this contract: 36 months (contract duration and renewal subject to performance review).
- Working hours – Full time, 40 hours per week
- Date when the job is expected to start: 1st July 2022
Applications, including a covering letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position and a detailed CV with names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 17th June 2022, 2359 EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted remotely through Zoom Meetings or any other online communication platform.
11. Equal opportunity employer and opportunities:
Nature Tanzania is an equal employer. Applications from female applicants are encouraged. Nature Tanzania offers a dynamic and fast-paced environment that encourages growth and leadership.