Nature Tanzania is a national conservation Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with interests in biodiversity conservation, community empowerment and engagement. The mission of the organization is to conserve and restore key biodiversity habitats that are identified as Important Bird Areas (IBAs) in Tanzania for the benefit of the present and future generations. Nature Tanzania wishes to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and competent individual for the position of Finance Officer to provide financial support at Nature Tanzania.
- Job Title
Finance Officer – Nature Tanzania
- Location and place of work
The normal place of work (duty station) for this position will be Arusha, Tanzania. There will be frequent national travels and occasional international travels.
- Roles and responsibilities
- 4.1 Main responsibility
The main responsibility of the individual will be to support finance operations mainly accounting and bookkeeping for the efficient and effective implementation of Nature Tanzania activities and compliance.
- 4.2 Finance Specific Responsibilities
- Provide support in capturing all the financial transactions within Nature Tanzania financial management systems and ensure effective filing.
- Monitoring the operational budget accounts, reviewing budget variance analysis and coordinating monthly reports of expenditure against budget.
- Maintenance of financial records, ensuring financial data accuracy, the entry of all transactions on the accounting software.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and cheques and ensuring payments are made on time.
- Coordinate so that Nature Tanzania complies by ensuring that statutory deductions are remitted on time and the returns are done on time.
- Coordinate timely preparation and reporting of donor financial reports.
- Assisting with the implementation of financial
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
5. Qualifications and Requirements:
5.1 Education and Experience; Bachelor’s degree level required in finance, accounting or any other related degree.
Proven track record (preferably 2 years of continuous work experience in finance). Computer literacy in all standard Microsoft Office applications in particular MS Excel.
- 5.2 Relevant Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in English.
- A self-starter person capable of working under limited supervision.
- High integrity, well organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with people with various levels of competence and authorities including government regulatory agencies.
- Team worker who can motivate others as well as him/herself.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability, problem solving, conflict and ethical management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Tanzania government regulatory environment is an added advantage.
- Experience with donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- A CPA is an added advantage.
- This position is preferably for Tanzanians.
- 6. Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with Nature Tanzania terms and conditions.
- Length/duration of this position: 1 year with possible extension depending on performance and fund availability.
- Working hours – Full time 40 hours per week
- Date when the job is expected to start: 10th October 2021
Applications, including a covering letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV with names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email to email@example.com
Application deadline: 19th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted remotely through Zoom Meetings but physical interviews are possible for candidates in Arusha.
9. Equal opportunity employer and opportunities:
Nature Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from female applicants are encouraged. Nature Tanzania offers a dynamic and fast-paced environment that encourages growth and leadership.